The presenter will be Steven Werkheiser – a visiting Thomson Reuters’ trainer from Sydney.
Session content will include:
- Conference Proceedings Citation Indexes provide end user access to over 12,000 conferences a year with the added value of integrated citation data. Users can now see if their publications are cited by other journal articles and conference papers together.
- Chemistry package comprised of the Index Chemicus and Current Chemical Reactions is now available, thus expanding access to the chemical literature with structure searching capabilities.
- MEDLINE is now integrated into the Web of Knowledge platform which allows cross searching with the Web of Science so that users can take advantage of citation searching and navigation alongside the full MeSH browsing and searching capabilities.
- 2009 Journal Citation Reports provide an objective means of critically evaluating and ranking journals based on citation data (especially useful for those looking to publish).
- ResearcherID enhancements.
When: Wednesday, September 8, from 1.00pm to 3.00pm, followed by afternoon tea.
Where: Room B1.124 in the Cairns campus library
There is no cost to attend the session, but for catering purposes please RSVP to Jodi.Fisch@jcu.edu.au (ext 1135) by Tuesday 7 September.
When: Thursday, September 9th, from 1.00pm to 3.00pm, followed by afternoon tea.
Where: InfoHelp Training Room, top floor of the Mabo Library (18 - 229).
There is no cost to attend the session, but for catering purposes please RSVP to Kylie.Pay@jcu.edu.au (ext 6210) by Thursday 2nd September.