1. Be Green: Make sure Open Access versions of your publications are available via ResearchOnline@JCU.
- Almost 70% of journals allow you to deposit the Accepted (or Post-Print) Version of your article to ResearchOnline@JCU. Checkout Sherpa/RoMEO to see which journals allow this.
2. Go for Gold: Publish in Open Access journals to:
- Provide unrestricted and immediate online access to all articles in a journal via the publisher’s website.
- Retain the copyright ownership of your article.
- Serve on the editorial board of an Open Access journal.
- Ensure that the journal’s publishing policy allows deposit of Open Access versions into institutional repositories such as ResearchOnline@JCU.
5. Work with your professional societies to make sure they understand and support Open Access.
6. Discuss Open Access with your colleagues.
Learn more about your rights as an author.
For more information, contact the Research Services Librarian, Jackie Wolstenholme or the Digital Repository Librarian, Jo Ruxton.