If you don't find anything to reference in the first 45 minutes of a search, come to the Library InfoHelp Counter and ask for help. We are even there on weekends and until 9pm at night weekdays.
Say "I'm struggling to find references for my assignment, can you help me?"
Bring (but read before you come):
- Your Subject Outline (as the question and its marking rubric should be contained in this), it is stored in LearnJCU. (Why and how is the Subject Outline useful?)
- Any ideas (mindmap, draft essay, even dot points) you have of what you want to write about in the assignment
- Info Skills Road Trip especially the Search Strategy page and learn how to make a search string using boolean operators as the Librarians will teach this hands on
- Look first at the Referencing LibGuide and chose the correct referencing style as stated in your Subject Outline
- Try to write the reference list using the above LibGuide
- Bring the actual references or details for example the articles or webpage or book with you