One Search uses Summon 2.0 technology in a hosted (SaaS) model and the vendor, Ex Libris, has notified us that a raft of usability enhancements will be launched overnight (Australian time) on August 24th.
These tweaks are based on user feedback and testing, they include:
- Advanced Search toggle option clearer
- Preview hover more robust
- Publication date filter moved higher and tweaked
- Easier to search for, navigate and refine results
- Hamburger menu used on large screen as well as small screen
- Slight layout/font changes
- More visible links to other tools (A-Z, Feedback, Help)
- Results page
- Repositioned functional elements
- New menu option, icons and text to improve navigation
- Facet Pane improvements to include/exclude
- Results pane includes: citation preview, WoS, Scopus, Altmetrics linking and display, and cite, save email icons
- New layout for topic explorer
- Pre-canned date ranges for filtering results (last 12 months, last 3 years, last 5 years)
- Date histogram removed
- Preview link expandable (no longer in right column) click on/off - doesn't disappear when you scroll
- Topic explorer has separated elements for better user understanding
- WCAG and Section 508 accessibility
There will be no downtime for the changes.
If you experience any problems please contact InfoHelp.
*A librariany way of saying a whole bunch of disparate library resources are indexed in one place and searched in a 'Google-like' manner.