As part of OPEN DAY 2010, the library is offering a number of activities and displays:
- Special treat: One hour (11.30am - 12.30pm) Storytelling Workshop with Boori (Monty) Pryor. Boori Monty Pryor is an indigenous Australian author born in Townsville who travels extensively as a performer and public speaker. Bring the kids along to the Mabo library for a spell-binding story telling performance.
- Across the Story Bridge: children's book week display; come and browse the 2010 short listed titles from picture book to older readers categories.
- Library Scavenger Hunt: it's fast and easy, we promise! Find the clues , discover the answers. Go in the draw to win JCU Library community membership. Try this one with your kids!
- Read about Research by JCU Staff and Students: Discover our talented JCU academics and postgraduate students through their publications. A special focus this year on how weather affects us in the tropics.
- Special collection treasures: looking for something unique, interested in the history of North Queensland? Discover JCU treasures including books, pioneer diaries, archives and photos. Get some tips about conservation for your collections.
- Eddie Koiki Mabo Library: What is a learning commons, information commons, iLecture space? See the new designs for the redevelopment of the library building. Take a self-guided tour.