As part of OPEN DAY 2011, the library is offering a number of activities and displays:
- Special treat: Storytelling (11.30am - 12.30pm). Bring the kids along to listen to our talented story teller read a collection of books written by Australian authors and illustrators.
- One World, Many Stories: Children's book week display; come and browse the 2011 short listed titles from picture book to older readers categories.
- Library Word Puzzle: It's fast and easy, we promise! Find the clues , discover the answers, and go in the draw to win one of two Amazon Kindle eBook readers. Try this one with your kids, and check out the Kindle and other eBook readers on display.
- Read about research by JCU staff and students: Discover our talented JCU academics and postgraduate students through their publications. A special focus this year is on sustainability in the tropics.
- Special collection treasures: Looking for something unique, interested in the history of North Queensland? Discover JCU treasures including books, pioneer diaries, archives and photos. Get some tips about conservation for your collections.
- Eddie Koiki Mabo Library redevelopment: What is a Learning Commons, Information Commons, iLecture space? See the new designs for the redevelopment of the library building. Take a self-guided tour and explore.