Why ride to work/uni?
- It's fun
- It's cheap
- It's convenient
- You can lose/maintain weight
- Your cardiovascular capacity will increase
- It will reduce stress.
Make a point of leaving your car at home and getting on your bike on National Ride2Work/Uni day.
Keen JCU cyclists may be interested to know that JCU has a Bicycle Users Group (BUG). Go to their website for useful information such as where to park your bike, events, campus shower locations, council bikeway maps, and more. JCU BUG has organised a Ride2Work/Uni day breakfasts for Cairns and Townsville campuses. Please register for the Cairns and Townsville events for catering purposes.
JCU Library has a diverse collection of resources relating to cycling:
- 20 years of cycling photography (book)
- Cycling northern Australia (North Queensland collection)
- Bicycling (ejournal)
- Mastering cycling (book)
- Mulga Bill's bicycle (curriculum collection)
- Road cycling: Olympic handbook of sports medicine (ebook).
Change the world - life is better on a bike!