A title of interest:
Communication Skills for Nurses by Claire Boyd and Janet Dare
Call Number: 610.73023 COM
This item is also available as an online ebook to current JCU staff and students.
Nursing and health students might find this useful as communication skills is a common assignment topic for health students.
An extract from the publisher's webpage states:
Survive placements and practice with this essential guide for all student nurses.
Providing words of wisdom and advice from real-life student nurses, Communication Skills for Nurses is a handy, portable, and fun introduction to the key communication and interpersonal skills you’ll need on placement and as a registered nurse.
- Developed by students, for students
- Clear, straightforward, and jargon-free
- Explains how to use your interpersonal skills effectively, communicate with patients with specific conditions, and handle both criticisms and compliments
- Features tips and advice from real life nursing students
- Examples and questions based on real life nursing and healthcare situations