To win, we want to see a picture of you within a JCU Library - we want to see your shelfies!
- Follow the JCU Library on Instagram @jcu_libraryinthetropics
- Take a shelfie within one of our libraries
- Post the photo on Instagram and tag it with #jculibraryshelfie. Don’t forget to make sure your profile is public so we can see your images!
The winning shelfies will be judged by the same librarians who walk the shelves and spend their days (and sometimes nights) within the library. The JCU Library Shelfie competition will run from the 15th February until the 17th March - that’s until the end of week 4 (and the end of the Orientation period).
- The JCU Library Shelfie competition is run by James Cook University Library.
- The prizes are two $50 vouchers for the Co-op Bookshop and four $10 3D-printing vouchers.
- The competition commences at 8am 15th February and concludes at 5pm 17th March.
- Each entrant agrees to, and is bound by, these terms and conditions.
- An entrant may enter as many times as they like.
- Entry is free and open to currently enrolled students at James Cook University.
- The entrant agrees that by submitting a photo, JCU may use the image for promotion within the JCU Library buildings and on the JCU website and JCU social media channels.
- Uploaded images must be the entrant’s original works and permissions must be obtained for all other persons visible in the image.
- JCU reserves the right to modify or change these Terms & Conditions at any time.
- The winning images will be selected by Library & Information Services staff based on content and originality.
- The winners will be announced on 20th March via JCU Library social media channels. (Winners will be contacted through Instagram). Winners have 7 days to collect their prize. Proof of identification will be requested from the winners at the time of collecting their prize. Any costs associated with collecting the prize are the entrant’s responsibility.
- The entrant agrees to a complete release of Instagram for the purposes of this competition.