Student Success Week


It's Student Success Week here at JCU, and we'd just like to share our top tip for successful studies:

Ask Questions.

As a student at JCU, you have access to all sorts of support services and highly skilled professionals who are able to help you find the answers you need. But first, you have to ask.

At the library, we have a crack team of information professionals who can answer all sorts of questions about the information you need to find and reference for your assignments

Where can I find the best information for my nursing assignment? Ask a librarian.

How do I set out my reference list in APA 7th? Ask a librarian.

Can I see past exams for my subject? Ask a librarian.

Can I get books when I'm off campus? Ask a librarian!

How can I find my username and password? Ask IThelpdesk@jcu.edu.au (but if you can't remember that, ask a librarian and we'll point you in the right direction).

Asking your librarians for help:

On our connect with us page you'll find half a dozen ways to get in  touch.

We operate a Chat with a Librarian service during our opening hours, and you can normally talk to a librarian live during this time. Click on the "Chat" icon at the bottom of all our Guides, in the One Search results page, or on our contact page (and wherever else you find it). If you see the "Ask Us" button, you can leave us a question and we'll get back to you.

Our FAQs are available 24/7, so you can always search for an answer. You can search our FAQs straight from the library's home page, using the FAQs tab on our Search Box. If your question isn't already one of our FAQs, you can leave us a question. We'll respond to your question directly to you, and we might use it to make a new FAQ.

And, of course, if you're in the neighbourhood, you can always come into the library during our opening hours and ask us a question in person.

Asking questions is the best way to find answers. So ask a question today!

Comments